The Dell Cloud business, part of the rapidly growing Dell Services Organization is establishing a new OpenStack Cloud development team. This high-profile team will lead OpenStack development for Dell globally and will be based in the Dell Cloud R&D Centre in Cherrywood. We are looking for senior OpenStack software engineers to join a vibrant team creating the very latest Cloud technologies.
For this role you will be working as a senior member of a sprint development team responsible for the creation of Dell's OpenStack-based Cloud platforms. This is a great opportunity to join a new software development team in the field of Cloud R&D and work with the OpenStack Community.
· Actively participates in the software development lifecycle, which includes R&D, modification, security, correction of errors, reuse and maintenance of software products.
· Designs and develops major functional or performance enhancements for existing products, or produces new software products or tools.
· Contribute to design and scheduling discussions and report status in SCRUM stand-ups.
· Bug fixing against existing code, Unit and Integration testing.
Skills and Experience:
· 5 - 10 Years+ experience of software development
· An interest in working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, high-impact environment
· Excellent communication skills, with written and oral communication skills in English
· Solid foundation in computer science fundamentals
· Appropriate experience with high-level languages such as Java and Python
· Experience with enterprise integration including SOA, REST, Web Services & SQL Server.
· Appropriate knowledge and experience with Linux systems
· Experience with Cloud platform development.
· OpenStack open source development experience is a plus.
· Familiarity with storage, networking, and server virtualization
· Experience with Agile/SCRUM methodologies and rapid prototyping
· Prior experience working with the open source community is a plus
· Experience with source code control systems and processes
· May need to travel for workshops and team meetings
· BSc/MS in Computer Science or related engineering field or equivalent experience.
· Katie Moore on +353 12044805 or email Katie_Moore@DELL.com