Mirantis has more experience delivering OpenStack clouds to more customers than any other company. We build the infrastructure that makes OpenStack work. We are profitable, have strong investors, and ample cash reserves. We are proud to be Founding sponsors of OpenStack, and to serve on the OpenStack Foundation Board.
What Linux was to open source and operating systems, OpenStack is to cloud computing. It makes programmable infrastructure vendor-neutral and frictionless to access, not to mention it unlocks distributed applications and accelerates innovation. It transforms virtualization from an efficiency to a whole new compute paradigm.
If you’re an ambitious software engineer or systems architect and thrive on getting tough, real- world problems solved with a smart, motivated team, you want to work here.
We believe that cloud should be to IT infrastructure the operating system is to a computer – a powerful, flexible and rock-solid level of abstraction. Our projects directly contribute to this future: deployment and CI/CD automation, H/A, integration with specialized networking and storage technologies, HPC on bare metal.
• Be hands-on and help develop open-source software for the OpenStack ecosystem
• Drive the collaboration process with community members and decision-makers
• Not hesitate to engage in conversations with people, exchange ideas, and find ways to collaborate
• Keep track of what’s going on in the OpenStack community and be up to date on how the technology evolves
You will have the opportunity to influence the direction in which cloud “state of the art” is moving.
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong knowledge of Linux and L2-L7 networking
• Ability to comprehend and write Python code
• OpenStack experience would be a big plus
• Experience with devops practices, Chef & Puppet would be a big plus
• Experience with HA solutions (e.g. – for MySQL, RabbitMQ) would be a big plus
What We Offer
• Work in the Bay Area with established leaders in their industry
• Work with exceptionally passionate, talented and engaging colleagues
• Build large scale, innovative systems for mission-critical use
• High-energy atmosphere of a young company, competitive compensation package with strong benefits plan and stock options
• Lots of freedom for creativity and personal growth