Our Cloud Infrastructure Services team seeks self-driven individuals to play a vital role in implementation and operation of hosting environments leveraging virtualization, automation and orchestration technologies. This position requires knowledge of aspects of data center hosting including server, storage and networking principles and architecture. The ability to work closely with IT architects and senior engineers in the architectural design, analysis and application integration work for new deployments is also required.
Role & Responsibilities
This role will be responsible for supporting and maintaining Openstack in a production environment. The environment uses Openstack, KVM, Ceph, RHEL, Ubuntu and UCS servers. This role will need to understand the provisioning and optimizing of compute, network, and storage services with OpenStack through dashboard, command-line and API utilities. Troubleshooting any part of the lifecycle services within the stack is also required, including log files, message queues, database, compute hardware, and network connectivity. Expectations include the ability to work and communicate with a diverse global team with a flexible work schedule. This environment requires work with virtual teams practicing Agile software development. On-call services are required.
● OpenStack Experience
● Scripting experience (perl or python preferred)
● Experience in designing and managing large server environments
● Advance knowledge in OS internals
● Experience in deploying and managing virtualization technologies (ex. Vmware or KVM)
● Clear understanding of networking and storage principles and architecture
● Linux OS system administration experience
● Experience with Cisco UCS
● Provide advanced troubleshooting of OS and hardware components
● Excellent verbal and written communications skills
● Ability to work across cultures and time zones