Shenick is an award winning provider of IP test and measurement solutions used by over 150 customers worldwide to test and determine the performance limitations of virtualized and physical network infrastructures and Cloud solutions.
Our solutions help service providers and network equipment manufacturers analyze the performance limitations and capabilities of a wide variety of security and networking devices including VPN/Firewall, vSwitch, DPI or IPS/IDS, vLoad Balancer and video infrastructure.
We are currently in the process of enhancing our Virtual Machine Orchestration solution and have an opening for an OpenStack Consultant for a 3 month period in our Milpitas, California office.
This role will involve:
- Understanding customer OpenStack requirements and designing/implementing a solution to meet these requirements ensuring they are aligned with our flagship product TeraVM.
- Productizing OpenStack solutions to compliment Shenick's TeraVM product line.
- Working effectively with our Test & Verification Team to resolve issues.
Applicants should have:
- Extensive experience with OpenStack and in particular Nova and Quantum
- In-depth experience of orchestration needs and orchestration technologies on various hypervisors with particular emphasis on KVM.
- Minimum of 3 years technical solutions experience in Virtual Machine orchestration.
- Detailed understanding of virtualization technologies and cloud computing.
- Experience of datacenter and Virtual Machine Management systems.
- Familiarity with scripting languages – perl, python, bash shell scripts.
- Knowledge of source code management systems, (particularly Subversion) would be an advantage.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills with proven analytic and problem solving abilities.
- Be self motivated, creative, and a team player.
- Honours Degree in Computer Science or similar.
Job Location: Milpitas, CA95035
Please email resume and cover letter to [email protected] with OpenStack Consultant in the subject line. All candidate applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.