Are you interested in working with some of today's most exciting technologies? Would you like the agility and opportunity of working in a start-up, combined with the security and major market presence of one of the world’s leading technology companies?
· Participate in all aspects of building new cloud services. In our start-up environment everyone is expected to pitch in to help whenever needed with current critical tasks. Over time expect to become a key contributor on a service or some part of service infrastructure.
This position is in Seattle but we will consider truly outstanding candidates in other locations.
HP Cloud Services (HPCS), is a startup division within HP, and is developing a competitive set of cloud services. Our goal is to provide the next generation of cloud infrastructure, platform services and cloud solutions for developers, ISVs, and businesses of all sizes. This comprehensive suite of services is supported by a user-friendly experience, backed by a long-term, winning strategy and HP's proven track-record in IT leadership. We recognize that open and interoperable cloud infrastructure and services are foundational in delivering the next generation of cloud-based services. It is our belief that through close collaboration with the developer community and capitalizing on the strength of HP's technology portfolio we can deliver seamless and secure experiences for customers.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent. Advanced degree pre
- Minimum 6-10 years experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Must be a generalist comfortable with all aspects of software development including planning, design, implementation, deployment and testing. Must be a self-starter who is passionate about the technology you are building and eager to produce world-class services.
- Must enjoy a team environment where your success depends heavily on the success of your team and organization.
- Expert programming ability in at least 2 of the following languages: Java, Python, PHP, C/C++
- Expert knowledge of least 2 of the following and general knowledge of many others:
Sql:Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres, MySQL
NoSql: Mongo, Cassandra, Couch, Riak
Queuing: RabbitMQ, Gearman, AWS SQS
Caches: Memcached, Redis
- Hands on experience with at least one of the following cloud services highly desirable
AWS, Azure, Rackspace
- Have used a range of open-source technologies and a plus if you have been a contributor to an open source project.
- Extensive experience with multiple software applications design tools and languages.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in overall architecture of software applications for products and solutions.
- Designing and integrating software applications running on multiple platform types into overall architecture
- Evaluating forms and processes for software applications testing and methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at senior management levels.