If you are looking for the opportunity to shape the direction of the world’s fastest moving open source infrastructure project, Cloudscaling is the place for you. We are looking for high caliber problem solvers who are inspired to leave their mark on the world of cloud computing. We have a dynamic culture focused on putting big ideas into action through the power of teamwork. Come join some of the brightest people in the industry to create the next generation of infrastructure tools empowering the world’s largest clouds.
As a Cloudscaling Director of Engineering you will join an elite team developing the framework and products to provision, deploy and manage large numbers of systems in a commercial OpenStack Cloud infrastructure environment.
- Lead multiple teams of engineers across networking, systems, and software development disciplines.
- Own and drive implementation of new software releases.
- Track multiple development efforts in flight and mitigate risks to head off cascading effects.
- Understand what engineers are working on intimately enough to provide guidance or redirection if need be.
- Evaluate the overall development and QA processes, resolve discrepancies and make measurable improvements.
- Allocate resources and manage the day-to-day activities for the software development team.
- Manage and mentor individual engineers to help them achieve their potential.
- Guide the growth of engineering culture to sustain a high-firing, collaborative, and creative team environment.
- Lead engineering hiring to grow the team with highly talented and motivated engineers.
- Experience with internet infrastructure (medium/large scale)
- Background in UNIX/Linux and networking fundamentals
- Knowledge of systems architecture for cloud infrastructure
- Experience building distributed systems
- Minimum of 3+ years experience with system administration
- Minimum 5+ years development experience (preferably Python)
- Minimum of 5+ years leading software development teams
- Experience with agile development techniques in a fast-paced software startup
- Exemplary written and verbal communications skills
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get hands-on when need be
- Previous experience in a startup environment is required
- On-site presence in our San Francisco headquarters
- BS Computer Science or Information Technology or related field OR experience equivalent