EVault, A Seagate Company, is a fast-growing industry leader in network-based data backup and recovery solutions. We’ve been providing data protection and professional-grade storage solutions to small and mid-size businesses since 1997. Our technology platform is stable, secure, and optimized for WAN data transfer, and our recovery capabilities are ultra-reliable. We back it all with a rock-solid data center infrastructure and the industry's highest quality customer service, while encouraging innovation and creativity by providing a casual and friendly work environment.
EVault is led by a team of storage industry veterans with a compelling vision and a proven track record. We also benefit from the backing and expertise of our parent company, Seagate—the largest storage company in the world.
We are looking for technical talent to help drive our next generation data center archival cloud efforts. Our goal is to create an IaaS archival offering that sets the standard for low cost, high availability, high reliability, high performance and ease of data center integration. We have an immediate need within our IaaS team in San Francisco for a Director, Development.
If you’ve got a passion for open source and making infrastructure technologies perform, pushing the envelope of scalability, and a track record of doing new things, drop us a line. Our team is driven by deep engineering skills and a love of cutting-edge projects. We need creative, disciplined contributors driven by solving problems with thoroughness and determination: from requirements analysis, technical architecture design, along with the collaborative skills to enable teams to successfully work through development, testing, and deployment.
• A Computer Science degree or equivalent experience required
• 5+ years managing a development team of at least 20+ engineers
• Extensive experience agile development techniques and practices in a fast-paced software development company.
• Experience in developing and maintaining enterprise-caliber software
• Very good technical knowledge for development on open source platforms, managing complex physical and virtual testing environments.
• Strong understanding of software metrics and tools related to code quality, coverage and release readiness reporting.
• Direct experience leading distributed teams towards integrated development goals.
• Outstanding communication skills , courage and tenacity to lead and drive our quality vision and goals.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop good working relationships and build and mentor a strong and efficient team.
• Collaborate with Product Management in defining the Product Vision
• Own/drive implementation for new or maintenance EVault IaaS releases
• Conduct daily scrum meetings; participate in project sprint planning, execution, testing and releases on Scrum methodology
• Independently examine test results to confirm that proper testing was performed and correct results were obtained.
• Evaluate the development processes, resolve discrepancies and make improvements for effective product creation.
• Review Product requirements Documents (PRD) and Engineering Response Document (ERD) to ensure the requirements are consistent with architecture and end user experience roadmaps.
• Allocate resources and manage the activities for the IaaS Development group.
What We Offer
• Work in the Bay Area with established leaders in the industry
• Work with exceptionally passionate, talented and engaging colleagues
• Build large scale, innovative systems for mission-critical use
• High-energy atmosphere of a young company, competitive compensation package with strong benefits plan and stock options
• Lots of freedom for creativity and personal growth
• An opportunity to work on something which fundamentally changes the value proposition of archival clouds
EVault, A Seagate Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.