Cloud Technology SECURITY ENGINEER
Location: Berlin – Bonn - Darmstadt, Germany
Job ID 2012PI-5007
Here at Products & Innovation, we develop and manage innovative and competitive products, services and business models to promote Deutsche Telekom's successful market image. We provide customer guidance, simplicity, an excellent usage experience, a high-end product portfolio, and sustainable efficiency. As well as an in-depth understanding of our markets and customers, we also bring an entrepreneurial spirit, coupled with innovativeness and technological expertise, to our collaboration with Group colleagues.
In order to achieve our corporate vision of "connected life and work," we are looking for inquisitive, creative colleagues from a variety of professional backgrounds to join our successful team.
We are currently looking for the following to join our Cloud Services business unit, Cloud Technology department in Darmstadt, Bonn or Berlin:
Cloud Technology Security Engineer (m/f)
*** You make the TelekomCloud secure ***
The cloud. Are you itching to work on the thing everyone is talking about? The Cloud Services business unit has an opening for you to get involved in this hot topic. The TelekomCloud is looking for new recruits with a passion for dynamic new concepts and a desire to help shape the future of Deutsche Telekom. We need inquisitive, creative colleagues with a wide range of skills to join our successful team. Get away from entrenched structures and tedious topics – work in a dynamic young team with flat hierarchies, and make your mark on the topic of the future: "the Cloud".
You are part of an agile Scrum team which continuously refines and shapes the software platform for our cloud infrastructure, whilst implementing and improving cloud services
Your software testing ensures the quality of software releases for the cloud platform
• Your role in this team is to devise, plan, control, develop and execute reusable, automated tests
• You prepare test reports and analyze the test results
• You highlight any defects and make the necessary data available for
• You collaborate closely with the developers to rectify errors
• In order to improve the quality of the software developed and used by the
team and the open source projects, you communicate with the developers
and the open source community with regard to test results and error tracking
• You install, configure and maintain the various hardware and software
systems in the test environment
• You are familiar with the software quality requirements vis-à-vis high-
availability, complex production platforms
• The team makes extensive use of open source tools and systems, tests and
configures them as required, and where necessary helps to refine them. You analyze the technologies and identify weaknesses at both architecture level and configuration and implementation level
• Development of the cloud software platform is aimed primarily at supporting smooth operation in a fast-growing cloud environment. Your work helps to ensure high quality standards.
• You collaborate closely with the Cloud Operations team; if errors arise during operation, you are responsible for improving test coverage to prevent recurrence
• A degree in informatics or a comparable qualification in a technical subject or in natural sciences/mathematics, plus at least three years' professional experience in the software testing sector
• You are extremely well-versed in the principal software test techniques and very familiar with international software testing standards
• Your knowledge of the planning, preparation and execution of software tests is excellent
• You know exactly how reviews are planned, organized and executed.
You are extremely familiar with automated test tools and frameworks, as well as systems for the continuous
• integration and testing of software, and are adept at the targeted selection and introduction of test tools
• A good working knowledge of script languages (bash, perl, python, ruby ...) and high-level languages (C, Java etc.), together with a knowledge of Web application stacks (LAMP)
• You are well-versed in Linux and the corresponding development and test environments
• You have already worked with open source projects
Ideally, you have professional experience of agile methodologies (SCRUM)
• You are experienced in the virtualization sector or have already worked with open source cloud platforms
• You enjoy analyzing new technologies in terms of quality and stability, and are adept at helping them to reach maturity. Identifying weak points in the source code is your idea of fun.
• You are open-minded and enjoy working in a team and with individuals form the open source community
On a personal level, you are quick to grasp complex facts and understand the critical points. You understand the requirements associated with the corporate use of software and love testing out new technologies and assessing their quality, and upgrading them to corporate standard where applicable. You are happy to share your knowledge and are skilled at explaining things clearly.
• You have a target- and result-focused approach, and are accustomed to bringing projects to a successful conclusion under difficult framework conditions, whilst observing the applicable requirements
• You have a high degree of creativity and exceptional problem-solving abilities.
• You are highly motivated and solution-focused
• You are fluent in written and spoken English and can confidently deliver
presentations in English
Please send us your complete application stating your salary expectations and earliest possible start date, preferably via our Job Exchange or as an application folder, to:
Deutsche Telekom AG, Products & Innovation Human Resources
Ms. Annette Reichardt
Postfach 10 11 52
64211 Darmstadt . Germany
Should you have any further questions, Ms. Annette Reichardt will be happy to assist you on +49 (0)6151/680-8246.
In the case of equal qualification, disabled candidates will be given preferential consideration.