OpenStack Event Policy
Want to throw an OpenStack event?
We're excited you want to bring the community together and spread the word.
Community members often help organize events, such as local user group meetups and "OpenStack Days," which reach a larger regional audience with multiple speakers and workshops. Helpful resources and examples:
In order to promote your event as an "OpenStack event" and use the OpenStack name in the title, please follow these guidelines to maintain the spirit of fairness and openness in the OpenStack community:
- OpenStack should be the most prominent brand of the event (not your company logo or a sponsor's logo).
- The purpose of the event must be to educate and inform, not to sell products and services.
- The intent of the event must NOT be to generate a profit. You may take in sponsorship dollars, but only to cover costs of the event.
- The event should be published and attendance should be open to the public, the only restrictions being venue capacity.
- Commercial participants should have equal opportunity to sponsor and support the activity. When the number of sponsorships is limited, a best practice is to publish a sponsorship prospectus online on a date known in advance with sponsorships filled on a "first to sign" basis.
- You may not make use of the attendee list for commercial or marketing purposes, only community-building activities, such as sharing event updates or scheduling future meetups. You may not sell the list or share with third parties who are not direclty involved in organizing the event.
- Please include [email protected] as an administrator for any tools you use to organize your event, such as Meetup.com, Eventbrite, etc. so that the OpenStack team can stay informed of all community events and help the organizers when needed.
- Because we host a twice yearly global OpenStack Conference & Design Summit, please refrain from using "Summit" in your event title to avoid confusion.
- Finally, the OpenStack brand should be used properly, according the the guidelines - http://openstack.org/brand/
So you're on board with the guidelines and are ready to throw an OpenStack event?
You now have access to the following marketing assets and help from our team:
- You may use the primary OpenStack logo to promote your event and onsite, and can download it here - http://openstack.org/brand/openstack-logo/
- You may use the OpenStack wordmark in the title of your event, for example "OpenStack Seattle User Group Meetup" or "OpenStack Israel 2012"
- We can help promote your event through official OpenStack channels (website, blog, twitter). Please contact [email protected]
- The OpenStack events team is also happy to help and provide guidance along the way! We may be able to send OpenStack schwag, collateral and signage, or help you secure speakers and content.
Thanks for your help building the OpenStack community!