Sean Roberts started a series of posts about OpenStack projects that he thinks are critical and risk of getting lost in the noise.
It seems like it was only yesterday that the OpenStack community found itself gathering in Hong Kong to set the design goals for the Icehouse release. As we entered March development was still progressing at a fever pitch in the lead up to the feature freeze for the release but now the dust has started to settle and we are able to start getting a real feel for what OpenStack users and operators can look forward to in the Icehouse release.
Marconi’s developer Flavio Percoco has a crazy idea: let’s get rid of queues. How wacky is that?
The OpenStack community training project has been working since July 2013 to provide a structured training program to enable skill development for maintaining, consuming, and contributing to OpenStack. The team iscontinuing to increase the accuracy and usability of the documentation and training by engaging with user groups and community members across the world. Get familiar with this project and consider helping it out.
The road to Juno Summit – Atlanta 2014
- Redeem your invite code NOW! Check your inbox and spam folder if you contributed code before March 3rd for your invitation.
- No more batch invites will be sent.
- Applying for Visa? Looking for accommodation in Atlanta? Visit http://openstack.org/summit
Tips ‘n Tricks
- By Cody Bunch: Deploy Rackspace Private Cloud with Vagrant
- By Chmouel Boudjnah: How do I manage my copyright headers in Emacs
- By Alessandro Pilotti: OpenStack Windows instances, Puppet and Heat
- By SaSoe: Inside My Home Rackspace Private Cloud, OpenStack Lab, Part 5: Adding Extra Compute Nodes
- By Kashyap Chamarthy: Notes for building KVM-based virtualization components from upstream git
- By Thomas Oulevey: Enable Cinder-multi-backend with an existing Ceph backend.
- By John Bresnahan: OpenStack and Docker
Reports from Previous Events
- [Google+ Hangout:] OpenStack Swift Object Storage w/ John Dickinson
- OpenStack Infrastructure March 2014 Bug Day
- @OpenStack TripleO mid-cycle sprint was a success @Yahoo
- Eventually OpenStack for M&E Mar 17, 2014 – Santa Monica, CA Details
- Paris OpenStack Meetup Mar 19, 2014 – Paris, France Details
- SFBay OpenStack Hackathon #OSSFO Mar 20, 2014 – Details
- Open Source Festival Mar 29, 2014 – University at Albany, NY Details
- Cloud Connect Summit at Interop Mar 31 – Apr 01, 2014 – Las Vegas, Nevada Details
- World Hosting Days Apr 01 – 03, 2014 – Rust, Germany Details
- SFBay Meetup – Beginner track Apr 03, 2014 – Sunnyvale, CA Details
- SFBay OpenStack Hackathon #OSSFO Apr 03, 2014 – Details
- OpenStack Nordics Meetup Apr 03, 2014 – Stockholm, Sweden Details
- PyCon Apr 09 – 17, 2014 – Montreal, Canada Details
- OpenStack Boston Meetup Apr 09, 2014 – Boston, MA Details
- SFBay OpenStack Hackathon #OSSFO Apr 17, 2014 – Sunnyvale,CA Details
- OpenStack Day Mexico Apr 29, 2014 – Mexico City, Mexico Details
- SFBay Meetup – Beginner track May 01, 2014 – Sunnyvale,CA Details
- OpenStack DACH Day at LinuxTag 2014 May 09, 2014 – Berlin, Germany Details
- Open Source Appreciation Day at the Percona Live MySQL Conference
- Bridging the gap between OpenStack and Python
- Mirantis OpenStack 4.1 is Now Available for Download
- German Webinars about the Dell SUSE Cloud Solution based on OpenStack
- Trove + Cassandra = Love: NoSQL Database Solutions and the OpenStack Ecosystem
- A Tale Of Two Approaches To The Platform Service Layer: Cloud Foundry And Solum
- Open Mic Spotlight: Ryan Brady
- OpenStack Project Meeting: Summary and full logs
- OpenStack Foundation Unofficial Board Meeting notes: Mar 4 OpenStack Foundation Board Meeting
Ask OpenStack is the go-to destination for OpenStack users. Interesting questions waiting for answers:
- How to create unique object names?
- Problems in creating network with FlatDHCPManager
- RDO packstack: qbr missing with LibvirtGenericVIFDriver
- does uuid changes after live migration
- Does tripleo overcloud contain only vm?
Welcome New Reviewers and Developers
Latest Activity In Projects
Do you want to see at a glance the bugs filed and solved this week? Latest patches submitted for review? Check out the individual project pages on OpenStack Activity Board – Insights.
- Telemetry (Ceilometer)
- Block Storage (Cinder)
- Image Service (Glance)
- Orchestration API (Heat)
- Dashboard (Horizon)
- Bare Metal Provisioning (Ironic)
- Identity (Keystone)
- Networking (Neutron)
- Compute (Nova)
- Hadoop Cluster as a Service (Sahara)
- Object Storage (Swift)
- Database As A Service (Trove)
The weekly newsletter is a way for the community to learn about all the various activities occurring on a weekly basis. If you would like to add content to a weekly update or have an idea about this newsletter, please leave a comment.