The official Summit agenda is now live. Adjustments, edits, additions to the schedule may be made between now and the Summit. Continue to visit the site for updates.
March 28 is the last day to save 50% off the full price and register for the Summit at the discounted Early Bird rate. Don’t miss out – prices will increase on March 29. Register now.
Over the last few months, a group of folks from multiple companies has been doing research around building a set of Personas to present at the Atlanta Summit. Liz Blanchard wrote up the results of the first usability testing on the most recent (Icehouse) version of the OpenStack Dashboard (Horizon).
The road to Juno Summit – Atlanta 2014
- Redeem your invite code NOW or pay extra to join the Summit! Check your inbox and spam folder if you contributed code before March 3rd for your invitation.
- No more batch invites will be sent.
- Applying for Visa? Looking for accommodation in Atlanta? Visit http://openstack.org/summit
- Check the official agenda
Anne Gentle lays the ground for the discussions to be held in Atlanta: collaborate on a request for proposals for a new front-end design for our documentation that can help us make changes to how docs are authored. Also, how to enable non-CLA contributors to the docs. Read more about our Docs team, how it manages to work upstream and coordinate work across continents.
Security Advisories and Notices
- [OSSA 2014-007] Potential context confusion in Keystone middleware (CVE-2014-0105)
- [OSSA 2014-008] Routers can be cross plugged by other tenants (CVE-2014-0056)
- [OSSA 2014-009] Nova host data leak to vm instance in rescue mode (CVE-2014-0134)
- [OSSN] DoS style attack on noVNC server can lead to service interruption or disruption
Tips ‘n Tricks
- By Matt Fischer: Keystone: User Enabled Emulation Can Lead to Bad Performance
- By Ben Nemec: Using pypi-mirror with devtest
- Open Source Festival Mar 29, 2014 – University at Albany, NY Details
- Cloud Connect Summit at Interop Mar 31 – Apr 01, 2014 – Las Vegas, Nevada Details
- OpenStack Today at the Percona Live MySQL Conference Mar 31, 2014 – Santa Clara, CA Details
- OpenStack for fools Apr 01, 2014 – London, United Kingdom Details
- World Hosting Days Apr 01 – 03, 2014 – Rust, Germany Details
- SFBay Meetup – Beginner track Apr 03, 2014 – Sunnyvale, CA Details
- SFBay OpenStack Hackathon #OSSFO Apr 03, 2014 – Details
- OpenStack Nordics Meetup Apr 03, 2014 – Stockholm, Sweden Details
- PyCon Apr 09 – 17, 2014 – Montreal, Canada Details
- OpenStack Boston Meetup Apr 09, 2014 – Boston, MA Details
- OpenStack India Meetup Apr 12, 2014 – Mumbai, India Details
- SFBay OpenStack Hackathon #OSSFO Apr 17, 2014 – Details
- OpenStack Day Mexico Apr 29, 2014 – Mexico City, Mexico Details
- SFBay Meetup – Beginner track May 01, 2014 – Sunnyvale, CA Details
- SFBay OpenStack Hackathon #OSSFO May 01, 2014 – Details
- OpenStack DACH Day at LinuxTag 2014 May 09, 2014 – Berlin, Germany Details
- Nominations for OpenStack PTLs (Program Technical Leads) are now open
- Updates to Juno blueprint review process
- Open Mic Spotlight: Sascha Peilicke
- Horizon is translated to German for OpenStack Icehouse!
- Explosive OpenStack growth at the Percona Live MySQL Conference & Expo
- A sneak peek of OpenStack Icehouse
- OpenStack Project Meeting: Summary and full logs
Ask OpenStack is the go-to destination for OpenStack users. Interesting questions waiting for answers:
- What are the best practices to bulk load data via REST API?
- Multiple L3 agents affect each other’s namespace
- does Heat templates follow Pure Tosca specification?
- Openstack Neutron stability problems with OpenVSwitch
- How to setup neutron with provider network?
- HA: neutron-server not able to connect with virtualIP
- apparmor blocking live snapshot creation.
Welcome New Reviewers and Developers
Latest Activity In Projects
Do you want to see at a glance the bugs filed and solved this week? Latest patches submitted for review? Check out the individual project pages on OpenStack Activity Board – Insights.
- Telemetry (Ceilometer)
- Block Storage (Cinder)
- Image Service (Glance)
- Orchestration API (Heat)
- Dashboard (Horizon)
- Bare Metal Provisioning (Ironic)
- Identity (Keystone)
- Networking (Neutron)
- Compute (Nova)
- Data Processing (Sahara)
- Object Storage (Swift)
- Database As A Service (Trove)
The weekly newsletter is a way for the community to learn about all the various activities occurring on a weekly basis. If you would like to add content to a weekly update or have an idea about this newsletter, please leave a comment.