Polls closed, the OpenStack community decided: Juno will be the name of the OpenStack development cycle starting in May 2014, after the Icehouse cycle completes.
Soon you are going to see a new robot barista leaving comments on Nova code reviews. He is obsessed with espresso, that band you haven’t heard of yet, and easing the life of OpenStack operators. Doing a large OpenStack deployment has always been hard when it came to database migrations. Running a migration requires downtime, and when you have giant datasets that downtime could be hours. To help catch these issues a new zuul worker called Turbo-Hipster will run your patchset’s migrations against copies of real databases. This will give you valuable feedback on the success of the patch, and how long it might take to migrate.
OpenStack Swift deployers can upgrade from one version of Swift to the next with zero downtime for end users. This has been supported since the initial release of OpenStack Swift back in 2010.
To allow for broader participation, we’ve scheduled post-Summit webinars with the Project Team Leads (PTLs) to provide the latest project updates rather than schedule these tracks during the Summit. Next scheduled events:
Tuesday, January 7, 2013
7 a.m. Pacific/10 a.m. Eastern
Project team leads: Mark Washenberger, Image Service (Glance); Julien Danjou, Telemetry (Ceilometer); John Griffith, Block Storage (Cinder)
Thursday, January 9, 2013
Noon Pacific/3 p.m. Eastern*
Project team leads: Steve Baker, Orchestration (Heat) and David Lyle, Dashboard (Horizon)
The recording of the session by Mark McClain, Networking (Neutron) and Dolph Mathews, Identity (Keystone) will be published as soon as possible.
Tips ‘n Tricks
- By Chmouel Boudjnah: The life of an OpenStack contributor checking for Jenkins failures
- By Lars Kellogg-Stedman: Visualizing Neutron Networking with GraphViz
- By Sébastien Han: OpenStack, Ceph RBD and QoS
- 3rd OpenStack User Group Nordics meetup Jan 15, 2014 – Stockholm, Sweden Details
- Austin OpenStack User Group Meetup Jan 22, 2014 – Austin, Texas Details
- FOSDEM Feb 01 – 02, 2014 – Bruxelles, Belgium Details
- Austin OpenStack User Group Meetup Feb 19, 2014 – Austin, Texas Details
Ask OpenStack is the go-to destination for OpenStack users. Interesting questions waiting for answers:
- Glance image-create returns HTTPInternalServerError (HTTP 500)
- How to change VNC frame size in Horizon?
- How to set default network for project?
- Trouble Installing Multi-Node OpenStack RDO and Gluster Backend on F19
- No network communication on a 3 node Havana setup
- How to configure VM to have only one network interface
- How does nova-baremetal-deploy-helper service get to run?
- How to configure DHCP agent when I’m using openvswitch and linux bridge in cloud at the same time
- Getting TypeError SQLite DateTime while creating multi-region setup
- Disable networking – Is it possible ?
- How to add a menu in horizon?
Welcome New Reviewers and Developers
Is your affiliation correct? Check your profile in the OpenStack Foundation Members Database!
Latest Activity In Projects
Do you want to see at a glance the bugs filed and solved this week? Latest patches submitted for review? Check out the individual project pages on OpenStack Activity Board – Insights.
- Telemetry (Ceilometer)
- Block Storage (Cinder)
- Image Service (Glance)
- Orchestration API (Heat)
- Dashboard (Horizon)
- Bare Metal Provisioning (Ironic)
- Identity (Keystone)
- Networking (Neutron)
- Compute (Nova)
- Hadoop Cluster as a Service (Savanna)
- Object Storage (Swift)
- Database As A Service (Trove)
The weekly newsletter is a way for the community to learn about all the various activities occurring on a weekly basis. If you would like to add content to a weekly update or have an idea about this newsletter, please leave a comment.