This month, docs reaches 500 bugs, making it the 2nd-largest project by bug count in all of OpenStack. Yes, it beats Cinder, Horizon, Swift, Keystone and Glance, and will soon surpass Neutron. In order to start the new year in a slightly better state, we have arranged a bug squash day. Save the date: Friday, December 20th https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/BugDay.
Tips ‘n Tricks
- By Enable Console Access to vSphere instances in OpenStack and Setting Up a Flat Network with Neutron
- By Red Hat Stack: Disaster Recovery Enablement in OpenStack
- By Steve Hardy: Heat Providers/Environments 101
- By Adam Young: Token Revocations in Keystone
- By Christian Berendt: Using Nginx with the Glance API and Solving issues with Xen and multipathd on SLES11 SP3
- By Kashyap Chamarthy: Neutron configs for a two-node OpenStack Havana setup (on Fedora-20)
- Software-Defined Networking 2013 (SDN) Dec 03, 2013 – London, England Details
- OpenStack from Austin to Havana Dec 04, 2013 – Portland, OR Details
- Austin OpenStack User Group Meetup Dec 04, 2013 – Austin, TX Details
- Boston OpenStack User Group Meetup Dec 04, 2013 – Boston, MA Details
- OpenStack in action 4 Dec 05, 2013 – Paris, France Details
- Swiss and Rhone-Alpes OpenStack user group meeting Dec 06, 2013 – CERN, Meyrin, Switzerland Details
- Gartner Data Center Conference Dec 09 – 12, 2013 – Las Vegas, NV, USA Details
- OpenStack Israel Dec 09, 2013 – Tel-Aviv, Israel Details
- Athens OpenStack User Group meeting Dec 12, 2013 – Athens (Greece) Details
- First cut of the schedule for the lca2014 OpenStack miniconf
- Heat Nested Resource Introspection
- Back from the summit: Ceph/OpenStack integration
- What’s New in OpenStack Havana–Cinder
- HP Cloud Messaging Service and Project Marconi
- OpenStack Project Meeting: Summary and full logs
Ask OpenStack is the go-to destination for OpenStack users. Interesting questions waiting for answers:
- How to add configdrives in rescue mode to Nova using KVM?
- Failing connection to nova-novnc Error 1006 becuase of UnsupportedRpcVersion
- VM multicast corosync invalid packet data
- How to force nova to boot an updated glance image?
- How do I add a keypair for a normal tenant using admin user credentials?
- How to pass the auth token and use it with python API?
- What are the NIC in Nova config file used for?
- Ceilometer unit tests py27 could not install deps
- VM on controller node cannot get IP via DHCP
- How to enable resume guest state on boot?
- 1 vcore instance is using 100% of node’s CPU
- Duplicate Ping Packets – Promiscuous Mode?
- How can I see HD space being utilized by an instance?
- Is there a way to enable active instance to auto detect a new virtual NIC ?
- Determining which filter eliminated a host?
- Offline migration without ssh key
- Cannot boot from ISO in Havana (works in Folsom)
Welcome New Reviewers and Developers
Is your affiliation correct? Check your profile in the OpenStack Foundation Members Database!
Latest Activity In Projects
Do you want to see at a glance the bugs filed and solved this week? Latest patches submitted for review? Check out the individual project pages on OpenStack Activity Board – Insights.
- Telemetry (Ceilometer)
- Block Storage (Cinder)
- Image Service (Glance)
- Orchestration API (Heat)
- Dashboard (Horizon)
- Bare Metal Provisioning (Ironic)
- Identity (Keystone)
- Networking (Neutron)
- Compute (Nova)
- Hadoop Cluster as a Service (Savanna)
- Database As A Service (Trove)
The weekly newsletter is a way for the community to learn about all the various activities occurring on a weekly basis. If you would like to add content to a weekly update or have an idea about this newsletter, please leave a comment.