This week, Joshua McKenty, Rob Hirschfeld and a handful of interested individuals (board member Eileen Evans included) met to start organizing the DefCore* Committee. This standing committee was established by an OpenStack Foundation resolution just before the Hong Kong Summit. This action was an immediate result of the unanimous passage of the 10 Principles that Rob was driving in the DefCore “Spider” cycle. Read the summary of the outcomes of the first meeting.
Email is still one of the best mechanism to get push notifications, so getting automatic nudges via email from Ask OpenStack is useful. I took some time to document how to get an email message every time a new question is asked on Ask OpenStack.
Indulging with our own Anne Gentl in the glorious beauty of numbers and metrics, following up on a similar post about previous release, Who Wrote OpenStack Grizzly Docs? At the time Grizzly had 79 docs contributors overall, with 3 of them writing half of the changes for Grizzly. This time the team grew to 130 docs contributors with 7 of them writing just over half the changes in overarching install/config/deploy/operations guides. Progress! We also had at least three supporting companies hire writers dedicated to OpenStack upstream docs.
Tips ‘n Tricks
- By Mirantis: Identifying and Troubleshooting Neutron Namespaces and Edge of the Stack: Find Memleaks Without Process Restarts
- By HP Public Cloud: OpenStack HP 3PAR StoreServ Block Storage Drivers Configuration Best Practices
- By Kenneth Hui: Laying Cinder Block (Volumes) In OpenStack, Part 1: The Basics and Laying Cinder Block (Volumes) In OpenStack, Part 2: Integration With vSphere
- By Loïc Dachary: Mixing Ceph and LVM volumes in OpenStack
- OpenStack Pune Meetup Nov 23, 2013 – Pune, India Details
- OpenStack in action 4 Dec 05, 2013 – Paris, France Details
- Swiss and Rhone-Alpes OpenStack user group meeting Dec 06, 2013 – CERN, Meyrin, Switzerland Details
- Gartner Data Center Conference Dec 09 – 12, 2013 – Las Vegas, NV, USA Details
- OpenStack Israel Dec 09, 2013 – Tel-Aviv, Israel Details
- Horizon PTL election result: Congratulations to David Lyle (Official results)
- [Nova] Icehouse roadmap status
- Swift Goals for Icehouse
- How to best make User Experience a priority in every project
- Feeding results from user survey into the products
- Unified CLI now available for testing in RDO
- Open Mic Spotlight: Sean Chen
- OpenStack and Platforms as a Service
- Wrap-up post OpenStack Summit in Hong Kong
- Let’s Encourage Innovation: Thoughts From OpenStack Summit Hong Kong
- OpenStack Project Meeting: Summary and full logs
Welcome New Reviewers and Developers
Is your affiliation correct? Check your profile in the OpenStack Foundation Members Database!
Latest Activity In Projects
Do you want to see at a glance the bugs filed and solved this week? Latest patches submitted for review? Check out the individual project pages on OpenStack Activity Board – Insights.
- Metering (Ceilometer)
- Block Storage (Cinder)
- Image Service (Glance)
- Orchestration API (Heat)
- Dashboard (Horizon)
- Bare Metal Provisioning (Ironic)
- Identity (Keystone)
- Networking (Neutron)
- Compute (Nova)
- Hadoop Cluster as a Service (Savanna)
- Database As A Service (Trove)
The weekly newsletter is a way for the community to learn about all the various activities occurring on a weekly basis. If you would like to add content to a weekly update or have an idea about this newsletter, please leave a comment.