Thank you to the electorate, to all those who voted and to all candidates who put their name forward for PTL for this election. A healthy, open process breeds trust in our decision making capability – thank you to all those who make this process possible.
First…. Get involved: Upcoming Community Core Discussions
- 10/8 7pm (Tues) New York City Meetup (Rob Hirschfeld & Monty Taylor)
- 10/16 9am (Wed) tentative Online Meetup (details TBD, Rob Hirschfeld & Alan Clark)
- 10/22 7pm (Tues) Minnesota Meetup (Kyle Mestery & Sean Roberts)
- Week Before Summit: Beijing Meetup hosted by Alan Clark (details TBD)
What’s Next? Implementation! Rob Hirschfeld has some ideas about that too on his blog.
Have you ever needed to port a selection of commits from one git branch to another, but without doing a full merge? This is a common challenge and Adam Spiers spends some time explaining how to ease the pain.
Tips ‘n Tricks
- By OpenStack Community Managers: How to Use Ask OpenStack
- By Logilab: Setup your project with cloudenvy and OpenStack
- By Steve Hardy: Heat Providers/Environments 101
- By Mirantis: 10 Mistakes to Avoid in Planning for OpenStack Cloud
- By Mirantis: OpenStack Swift-Compatible Windows Clients: How Do They Stack Up?
- Gartner Symposium/IT Expo North America Oct 06 – 10, 2013 – Orlando, FL, USA Details
- OpenStack in action ! – The Canadian Chapter Oct 08, 2013 – Montreal, Canada Details
- Swift Hackathon Oct 15 – 17, 2013 – Austin, TX Details
- LinuxCon/Cloud Open Europe Oct 21 – 23, 2013 – Edinburgh, Scotland, UK Details
- Cloud Connect Oct 21 – 17, 2013 – Chicago, IL, USA Details
Reports from Previous Events
- linux.conf.au 2014 OpenStack miniconf
- New metrics navigator and data sources on OpenStack Activity Board
- Swift Durability and the Mystery of 11 9s
- Murano team announces new service release, v0.2.1
- Read Only LDAP in Keystone
- Open Mic Spotlight: Alessandro Pilotti
- Chasing the most discussed OpenStack blueprints
- Keystone with HTTPd in devstack
- Official summary of Oct 3rd OpenStack Foundation Board Meeting
- Informal report from Oct 3rd OpenStack Foundation Board Meeting
- OpenStack Project Meeting: Summary and full logs
Welcome New Developers
Is your affiliation correct? Check your profile in the OpenStack Foundation Members Database!
- Trevor R Jr, Cisco
- Mike Metral, Rackspace
- Inbar Shapira, IBM
- Kersten Richter, IBM
- Conrad Weidenkeller, Rackspace
- Stefano Zilli, CERN
- Rochelle Grober, Huawei
- Adam Spiers, SUSE
- Tracy Jones, VMware
- Jinhe Fang, Netease.com
- Dwight Hubbard, Yahoo!
- Rupak Ganguly, HP
- Joe Mills, Midokura
The weekly newsletter is a way for the community to learn about all the various activities occurring on a weekly basis. If you would like to add content to a weekly update or have an idea about this newsletter, please leave a comment.