The last batch of invites to the Summit for OpenStack Active Technical Contributors will be send in the next 10 days. If you have committed code or documentation before September 6 expect official communication soon.
We’re kicking off the second round of the OpenStack User Survey this month! You may remember before the April Summit we helped the User Committee run a survey to aggregate OpenStack deployments and share the results.
We gathered about 20 writers and developers who wanted to learn about OpenStack documentation in the Mirantis training room for two days this week in Mountain View, California. The idea for a docs boot camp came from the OpenStack Infrastructure team who held one back in June. We wanted to enable more people to contribute to OpenStack documentation through in-person training and team building. It’s not like a book sprint, with the goal of a book in five days, but rather a training session, with questions and answers in real time. Read the full report from Anne Gentle.
Kenneth Hui outlines some ways for community members to become contributors to OpenStack without having to write a line of Python code.
Tips ‘n Tricks
- By The Official Rackspace Blog: Installing Rackspace Private Cloud In 20 Minutes Or Less
- By Xlcloud: Baremetal Driver and the Devstack.
- By eNovance Engineering Teams: A gentle introduction to DRBD
- By TelekomCloud DevOps team: New Ways of Tempest Stress Testing
- By Zane Bitter: Application Definition with Heat
- By eNovance Engineering Teams: Adding new 3rd party tools in Fio
- By Flavio Percoco: Test strategies for your Python projects
- OpenStack In Action – Powering IaaS Cloud Sep 14, 2013 – SAP Labs Whitefield, Bangalore Details
- Cloud Connect China Sep 15 – 17, 2013 – Shanghai, China Details
- LinuxCon/Cloud Open North America Sep 16 – 18, 2013 – New Orleans Details
- GigaOM Structure UK Sep 18 – 19, 2013 – London, UK Details
- OpenStack India Day Sep 21, 2013 – Bangalore Details
- CodeChix OpenStack Workshop Sep 22, 2013 – Palo Alto, CA Details
- Hosting & Cloud Transformation Summit Sep 23 – 25, 2013 – Las Vegas, USA Details
- OpenStack on Ales Sep 30 – Oct 01, 2013 – Bend, OR Details
- Open World Forum (Paris) Oct 03 – 05, 2013 – Paris, France Details
- Gartner Symposium/IT Expo North America Oct 06 – 10, 2013 – Orlando, FL, USA Details
- OpenStack in action ! – The Canadian Chapter Oct 08, 2013 – Montreal, Canada Details
- Swift Hackathon Oct 15 – 17, 2013 – Austin, TX Details
- LinuxCon/Cloud Open Europe Oct 21 – 23, 2013 – Edinburgh, Scotland, UK Details
- Cloud Connect Oct 21 – 17, 2013 – Chicago, IL, USA Details
Reports from Previous Events
- Introducing BasicDB
- OpenStack Ceilometer Havana-3 milestone released
- Murano 0.2 is here!
- The Fanatical Faces Of Rackspace Private Cloud: Bryan Thompson
- Open Mic Spotlight: Flavio Percoco
- What does an NFV application owner require from PaaS?
- You Can’t Collapse Tiered Storage in Private Clouds Built on OpenStack: Whitepaper
- OpenStack Project Meeting: Summary and full logs
- Token revocation failure using Keystone memcache/KVS backends (CVE-2013-4294)
- Potential denial of service on Nova when using Qpid (CVE-2013-4261)
The weekly newsletter is a way for the community to learn about all the various activities occurring on a weekly basis. If you would like to add content to a weekly update or have an idea about this newsletter, please leave a comment.