The FISL is an International Forum on Free Software that started in year 2000 and in its 2013 edition saw a massive presence of OpenStack. During four days, the main themes of Open Source were presented with speakers from various regions of the world. The Brasilian OpenStack community distributed lots of OpenStack t-shirts and stickers to the over 7000 participants to the 14th edition of FISL .
On the second day of the event, was the first lecture on OpenStack:
- How to manage a public or private cloud using OpenStack platform – Marcelo Dieder
Marcelo Dieder presented OpenStack, the main components of the platform and ways to contribute to the project.
On the morning of the third day, there was a meeting of the group OpenStack-Brasil. Participants included students, public and private companies and the presence of Alan Clark. The meeting began with Marcelo Dieder presenting the proposed meeting. After some other topics were presented::
- StackOps Portal Manager Head – Danilo Perogil and Renato Armani – Dualtec Cloud Builders.
- Review about Grizzly version – Davis Oliveira – Brazil Serpro
Finally, Alan Clark presented an overview of OpenStack and also on Suse’s involvement in the development of the platform.
On the afternoon of the third day of the event, Davis Oliveira Serpro presented OpenStack, the use of the platform in Serpro Brasil and mobile device management:
- Managing mobile devices (MDM) from a private cloud with OpenStack – Davis Oliveira
Alan Clark presented Openstack and Suse on FISL:
- Build & Deploy to a Cloud Infrastructure – Alan Clark
Finally, on the last day of the event, Marcio Roberto Starke presented OpenStack and use the platform in Serpro Brasil.
- Unraveling the OpenStack: Technical aspects of its operation – Márcio Roberto Starke