Highlights of the week
It’s official – the Spring 2013 OpenStack Summit will be held in Portland, April 15-18, at the Oregon Convention Center.
We’re expecting 2000 OpenStack users, prospective users, ecosystem members and developers to attend the Spring Summit. As usual, we’ll have a variety of content and tracks, ranging from compelling user stories and technical deep dives to the business case for OpenStack and hands-on workshops.
If you’d like to submit a presentation, panel or workshop, the call for speakers is now open and will close February 15.
The call for sponsorships will open January 14. Event registration and discount hotel rates will be available the week of January 14, so stay tuned and check back for updates.
Rafael Knuth chats with Randy Bias about Cloudscaling, OpenStack, cloud technology, API compatibility, enterprise adoption of cloud technologies, Dell and more.
Tips and tricks
- By Hui Cheng: How To Build A Small Hadoop Cluser In Openstack Using Hadoop1.0 Image
- By Thierry Carrez: development environment for Ubuntu-based release of OpenStack
- Minnesota OpenStack: Part 2 Jan 07, 2013 – Minneapolis, MN Details
- OpenStack DACH Meetup Jan 09, 2013 – Cologne (Köln), Germany Details
- OpenStack Denver Meetup Jan 09, 2013 – Denver, CO Details
- OpenStack Users January 2013 meetup Jan 19, 2013 – Bangalore, India Details
- Openstack Developers Meetup Jan 20, 2013 – Jerusalem, Israel Details
- FOSDEM’13 Feb 02 – 03, 2013 – Bruxelles, Belgium Cloud track
- Second Swiss OpenStack User Group Meeting Feb 19, 2013 – Zurich, Switzerland Details
- Details about OpenStack at linux.conf.au 2013
- Grizzly-2 just around the corner
- OpenStack Project Meeting didn’t happen this week
Welcome new contributors
Celebrating the first patches submitted this week by:
- Janis Gengeris
The weekly newsletter is a way for the community to learn about all the various activities occurring on a weekly basis. If you would like to add content to a weekly update or have an idea about this newsletter, please leave a comment.