OpenStack will be showing a strong presence at FOSDEM 13, the largest gathering of free and open source developers in Europe. There will be a number of talks in the Cloud devroom in the Chavanne auditorium on Sunday, February 3rd and in other places:
- At 9:30, Thierry Carrez will open the devroom with State of the OpenStack Union, 2013. A talk about what happened in the OpenStack development community since last year presentation at FOSDEM.
- At 10:00, don’t miss Mark McLoughlin’s talk: OpenStack: 21st Century App Architecture and Cloud Operations. He will expose how OpenStack is built with the same resilience and automation principles as highly-scalable cloud applications.
- (In room K.3.401) At 11:30 Thierry Carrez will talk about the job market around OpenStack and python: Get a Python job, work on OpenStack
- At 15:00, Rob Clark will detail his Security Priorities for Cloud Developers: the main security challenges OpenStack faces and what we should do about them.
- At 15:30, Tomas Sedovic will introduce Orchestrating complex deployments on OpenStack using Heat. The Heat project is in OpenStack incubation currently so this is a great opportunity to learn more about it.
- Finally to close the day at 16:30, Nick Barcet, Eoghan Glynn and Julien Danjou will storm the stage and introduce the other OpenStack project currently in incubation: Measuring OpenStack: the Ceilometer Project.
There will also be OpenStack mentions in various other talks during the day: Martyn Taylor should demonstrate OpenStack Horizon in conjunction with Aeolus Image Factory at 13:30, and Vangelis Koukis will present Synnefo, which provides OpenStack APIs, at 14:00.
On Saturday, Feb 2nd in room H.1309, at 11:50 James Page will talk aboutAutomating OpenStack Testing on Ubuntu, first hand experience from Ubuntu about testing on hardware every upstream commit. Hope to see many of you there.