Highlights of the week
What better way to start the new year? The Ceilometer team is pleased to announce that it organizes a bug squashing day on the Friday 4th January 2013. You can get started by reading how to contribute to Ceilometer, from updating the documentation, to fixing bugs. There’s a lot you can do. Good support for Ceilometer is built into Devstack, so installing a development platform is really easy.
Narayan Desai started a discussion about the mission of OpenStack Foundation’s most important governing body: the User Committee. Any member of the OpenStack Foundation is welcome to chime in and help define the User Committee.
A thread on the OpenStack Documentation mailing list lead to a summary post on how to get started translating OpenStack Manuals.
Tips and tricks
- By Everett Toews: Contributing OpenStack Support to jclouds
- By Everett Toews: jclouds and OpenStack
- By Michael Still: Image handlers (in essex)
- Minnesota OpenStack: Part 2 Jan 07, 2013 – Minneapolis, MN Details
- OpenStack DACH Meetup Jan 09, 2013 – Cologne (Köln), Germany Details
- FOSDEM’13 Feb 02 – 03, 2013 – Bruxelles, Belgium Cloud track
- Questions and Answers: Storage as a Service with OpenStack Cloud
- OpenStack Project Meeting: Summary and full logs
Welcome new contributors
Celebrating the first patches submitted this week by:
- John Bresnahan, Red Hat
- Xing Yang, EMC
The weekly newsletter is a way for the community to learn about all the various activities occurring on a weekly basis. If you would like to add content to a weekly update or have an idea about this newsletter, please leave a comment.