OpenStack provides open source software for building public and private clouds. We are constantly moving and growing and very excited to invite newcomers to our community. To this end, the OpenStack Foundation has joined the GNOME Outreach Program for Women.
The Women in OpenStack group has already found some mentors for the program and ideas for projects are flowing in. Each internship requires $5,000. We have funding from Rackspace and Red Hat for two participants, and the Foundation is also sponsoring one intern. More funding is welcomed.
Interns are expected to spend 40 hours a week on the project and applicants may not have ever worked on FLOSS before.
The program starts in November 2012 and the results of the internships will be ready by Spring 2013 OpenStack Summit.
- November 14: program announced and application form made available
- November 14 – December 3: applicants need to get in touch with at least one project and make a contribution to it
- December 3: application deadline
- December 11: accepted participants announced
- January 2 – April 2: internship period
- April 2013: OpenStack Summit
If you have a pet project and want to mentor new women members of OpenStack community please contact Stefano Maffulli or Anne Gentle, add your ideas to the wiki page, and discuss on the openstack-dev mailing list.
If you know of students who would be interested in these internship opportunities, help us spread the word by linking to this post and our wiki page about the program.