OpenStack Community Newsletter – April 27, 2012
Welcome back to our regular publishing schedule. This week we still hear the echo of the Design Summit and Conference.
- If you participated to the summit or conference, remember to take the survey https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/openstack-folsom-events
- Notes, reports, post-mortem, comments from participants to last week’s events:
- OpenStack Israel 2012 May 30, 2012 – Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel Details
- Open Cloud and Public Administration Jun 19, 2012 – Bern, Switzerland Call for papers
- FISL 2013 Jul 25-28 – Porto Alegre, Brazil http://wiki.openstack.org/FISL13
- Development of OpenStack Folsom has started
- Translating docs and manuals is increasing in priority; the team needs help defining the process and choose tools http://wiki.openstack.org/Translations
- Going to FISL 13 in Porto Alegre? Help present OpenStack there http://wiki.openstack.org/FISL13
- OpenStack Wiki Recent Changes – http://wiki.openstack.org/RecentChanges
- Project meeting summary http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/openstack-meeting/2012/openstack-meeting.2012-04-24-21.03.html
This week’s chart shows the geographical dispersion of participants to Folsom series of events in San Francisco. The information is derived from the work address provided by participants when they registered. Participants from USA were the large majority, around 70% of the over 1,000 participants, nonetheless it’s interesting to look at the distribution once the outlier is removed.
This weekly newsletter is a way for the community to learn about all the various activities occurring on a weekly basis. If you would like to add content to a weekly update or have an idea about this newsletter, please leave a comment.