Registration for the Nov 9 – 12, 2010 continues to move along nicely as more and more technologists, business leaders, and developers from companies such as Accenture, Bechtel, BMC Software, Canonical, Cloudkick, Cloudscaling, Cisco Systems, Citrix, Disney, Korea Telecom, NASA, NTT, PWC, Rackspace, and Samsung to name just a few are already registered. I strongly encourage you to consider attending this event and register soon as we do have a 300 attendee quota based on facility maximums. Registration is at http://openstack.org/register.
The Business Track is taking shape nicely and I want to provide an early preview to further peak your interest in this event.
- General Session: Hear from Jim Curry, Chief Stacker of OpenStack and Rick Clark, Chief Architect
of OpenStack on the status of OpenStack and its associated technologies. NASA and Accenture are also
scheduled to present during the General Session.
- Afternoon Session: Hear from David Lemphers of PWC on the business of deploying cloud solutions as
well as guest speakers from other leading cloud vendors enagaging with OpenStack. The OpenStack marketing team will also present the latest on the Trademark Policy and discuss the OpenStack brand and how the community can work together to gain further momentum for the brand.
- Morning Session: Planning and OpenStack deployment is the focus of the morning sessions. Various
speakers and discussion groups are being assembled to fulfil the agenda and ensure attendees are
educated properly in the requirments of deploying the various OpenStack technologies.
- Afternoon Session: Integrating OpenStack with existing IT solutions is the focus of the afternoon
sessions. It is critical that the OpenStack solution play in not only the open source sandbox but
also Enterprise solutions for maximum customer flexibility and enablement. Again, this track is
being planned at this time.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Jim Curry, Chief Stacker OpenStack
- Rick Clark, Chief Architect OpenStack
- Soo Choi, Anso Labs
- Joe Tobolski, Infrastructure Lab Lead, Director of Development, Accenture Technology Labs
- David Lemphers, Director Cloud Computing, PricewaterhouseCoopers
If you are interested in speaking at this Design Summit or have something unique to offer the community around the proposed Business Track plan please contact [email protected]. The community is always interested in hearing from as many members as possible.
See everyone in a few weeks in San Antonio.openstack.org